The papilloma virus can form in absolutely any person, regardless of lifestyle. Some people are carriers of the virus for a long time without noticing any formations on the skin.
People who suffer from papilloma virus infection should know what warts look like, what they are and how to get rid of them.
What are warts?
An education on the skin, which is of a benign type and can appear absolutely anywhere on the body, is a wart. Such a defect occurs as a result of infection with a papilloma virus that penetrates through lesions of the epidermis and contributes to the appearance of growth.
In a normal course, the skin around the growth does not contain a tumor and does not bring unpleasant symptoms to a person during palpation. Most often, after the formation of one growth on the skin, others may appear, depending on the characteristics of the human body.
What are warts - types
Warts, depending on their appearance and localization, are divided into certain groups. During the treatment period, it is very important to correctly determine which type of benign tumor it belongs to, since the treatment method may differ.
A growth on the skin that practically does not stand out above the skin level is called a flat wart. Most often, such growth has a light color and appears in groups in one place.
Most often you can find these types of warts on the face, hands, chest. This type of formation often appears in adolescence and very rarely turns into a malignant type of formation.
Simple seals are the most common manifestations of papilloma virus on the skin. Such growths appear in the form of nodules with a dense structure, which have a flesh-colored or pink color.
Vulgar warts appear in large numbers and are most often damaged. Such growths tend to disappear on their own after increasing the protective properties of the immune system.
Such types of growths appear absolutely in any part of the body and age. Filamentous warts tend to infect healthy areas of the body if there are lesions on the skin. Externally, the seal looks like a small growth that is located on the leg.
Most often, several warts are located in one place, which merge and form one large growth.
The color of warts is most often flesh-colored, but in some cases there is a change in color to dark brown. If the wart is damaged or completely removed at home, a new growth appears at the site of formation.
Growths that appear in the area of mucous membranes and genital organs. Outwardly, they look like small filamentous processes that have a soft structure and a pink color. The appearance of such warts in women very often leads to the development of carcinoma of the cervix.
Formations appear in adolescents and adults, the causes of infection are the change of sexual partners and the refusal to use contraceptives. Warts are transmitted through contact and require long-term treatment to completely get rid of the virus.
The formation of senile warts occurs after changes in the body, as well as various skin diseases, such as seborrheic dermatitis. Initially, warts appear in the form of spots, which gradually thicken and protrude above the skin level.
Externally, warts can be dark in color and large in size. There are senile formations most often after 50 years. When palpated, they have a dense structure and can contribute to the appearance of painful sensations when pressed.
They can appear both in single quantities and in large groups, with the most common places of localization being the face, neck and chest area. Often formations appear in places where hair grows. The treatment is selected depending on the individual characteristics of the body of elderly people.
Location of warts
Seals of a benign type can appear absolutely on any part of the body. However, some types of formations appear in a certain place:
- vulgar - appear in the area of the hands, mainly on the fingers and the inner side of the palm. Also, this type of growths can be seen in the leg area;
- flat - formed in the area of the neck and face. However, often this type of formation is observed in the back and chest;
- senile - the places of localization are the neck, face, chest;
- filiform - the area of the face, neck, under the mammary glands in women;
- genital warts - appear in the genital area and on mucous membranes.
Good to know!Defects appear mainly in places of external pressure on the epidermis. Seals can appear in the face area as a result of frequent contact with dirty hands that have an infection.
Causes of warts
Seals on the skin of a benign type can occur due to various factors, but the cause of the formation of warts is a papilloma virus that penetrates the layers of the epidermis and provokes the appearance of benign tumor cells.
Factors that can cause the progression and infection of the virus can be:
- reduced immunity;
- small lesions on the skin and mucous membranes;
- excessive sweating;
- improper hygiene;
- contact with infected people;
- visiting places with high humidity;
- frequent hypothermia;
- transmission of infectious diseases;
- using other people's hygiene items;
- hereditary predisposition.
Good to know!Also, the reasons for the appearance of seals can be the choice of tight clothes that have a prolonged physical impact on the skin, which leads to skin damage and further infection.
Why are warts dangerous?
Benign tumors that do not have an inflammatory process and do not cause unpleasant symptoms are not life-threatening. However, such seals very often degenerate into malignant tumors and contribute to the development of cancer cells.
It is especially important to ensure that the warts are not damaged, if the integrity of the growth is disturbed, it is recommended to contact a medical institution for diagnosis.
Treatment of warts at home
Currently, there are a large number of means that are aimed at removing seals from various parts of the body. It is recommended to use such means after consulting a doctor. Before starting therapy, read the instructions.
To get rid of formations in adults, you can use the following methods:
Medicines:allow you to get rid of small growths of the epidermis. However, the disadvantage of this treatment is the need for a consultation before the therapeutic procedure.
To get rid of warts are used:
- preparation based on phenol and tricresol - used for small seals. Produced in the form of an oil, 2-3 applications are sufficient for removal.
- a solution in the form of a solution that allows you to eliminate infected cells without damaging healthy areas. In case the seal is small, one application is sufficient.
- cream that eliminates the virus on the epidermis. It is a gentle preparation and is used on all parts of the body, including the face.
Use of alternative treatment methods:
- celandine juice - used to remove all types of formations. It is necessary to apply the juice of a fresh plant to the damaged area and fix it with a plaster. It is applied twice a day until the symptoms disappear. It is not used in the area of mucous membranes and genitals;
- vinegar – apply a drop of vinegar to each wart before going to bed. Duration of the course until the growths disappear.
- dandelion juice - used for seals that have not had time to take root. Apply the juice of the plant to the skin twice a day and fix with a plaster. The procedure is carried out until the defect disappears.
Good to know!Proper nutrition is important to improve immunity. Vitamin therapy can reduce further progression of the virus and eliminate the tumor.
In childhood, papillomas most often disappear on their own after a short time, but if necessary, you can use the following means:
- ointment with interferon alpha-2b - has the ability to increase the protective properties of the skin and eliminate the virus. It is applied from the age of 1 per course until the symptoms completely disappear;
- ointment based on dioxotetrahydroxytetrahydronaphthalene - is an antiviral agent that allows you to eliminate the virus and remove the formation;
- sea buckthorn oil - prescribed from the age of 3, applied 2-3 times a day until the problem completely disappears. It is recommended to fix the damaged area with plaster.
- garlic is a natural antiviral agent. A clove of garlic should be cut and fixed on the formation overnight. Apply until the symptoms disappear;
- ice - used for all types of papilloma formations. Wrap an ice cube in a towel and apply to the seal for a few minutes. 2-3 applications are enough to get rid of the seal;
- Lemon - the acids contained in lemon can eliminate damaged cells. A piece of lemon should be applied to the tumor, fixed with a plaster and left overnight. Carry out therapy until the complete disappearance of the defect.
Note!Before starting to use funds in childhood, it is necessary to conduct an individual sensitivity test.
The use of drugs does not always cope with the problem of papillomavirus on the skin. That is why there are a large number of salon ways to get rid of a benign type of tumor.
With the help of a laser beam, it affects the damaged areas of the skin. After the procedure, a crust forms on the skin, which after some time disappears together with the tumor.
It is used for all types of formations, except for genital warts. This method of disposal is effective for a large number of formations, after removal of the growth no traces remain on the skin. The disadvantage of this method is the possibility of burning healthy areas of the skin.
This method of removing build-up is only used for large seals where other methods are not effective. The surgeon makes an incision with a scalpel and removes the tumor along with the root.
After the procedure, rehabilitation takes place for several weeks. After removal by this method, a scar remains on the skin.
Cryodestruction - removal with liquid nitrogen
The most commonly used method. For removal, a special device is used, with the help of which liquid nitrogen is applied to the growth for a short time.
After the procedure, a blister appears at the site of the growth, after a few days it itself is damaged and forms a crust, which falls off and removes the wart.
The disadvantage of this procedure is the ability to remove only one entity per procedure.
Electrocoagulation - removal by current
The technique involves influencing the manifestation of papillomavirus current in a small amount to eliminate damaged cells. To get rid of large formations, several courses of treatment are used, after which a dark crust forms on the skin.
Not suitable for children and people with high sensitivity. In some cases, it can contribute to the appearance of burns and spots on the skin after the growth is removed.
Measures to prevent the appearance of warts
To reduce the risk of infection with the papillomavirus, the following rules should be followed:
- Consume plenty of vitamins to boost your immune system.
- Timely treat all damaged areas of the epidermis with an antiseptic.
- Wash your hands after every time you go outside.
- Avoid contact with infected people.
- In places with high humidity, change your shoes personally.
- Do not use other people's personal care products.
In order to eliminate skin defects, hygiene should be carefully monitored, especially in childhood, and possible hypothermia should be reduced, which can reduce the protective properties of the immune system.
Note!The appearance of benign seals can signal the presence of complex diseases, so it is recommended to undergo all necessary examinations in a timely manner.
Before performing the procedure to remove growths, it is necessary to undergo diagnostics and determine what type of education it belongs to in order to reduce the risk of pathology.